The Engineering Division, derived from the experience of 25 diversification years, allows us today to propose technically and economically relevant products.
Our development is based on our range product consolidation focused on strategic choices decided by our executive board :
- Test benches
- Turrets and positioners
- Railway handling and maintenance equipment
|We design and manufacture :|
Turrets and positioners:
Railway test benches and maintenance equipment:
We renovate and/or recondition:
Our core business is focused on the servomechanism systems and associated technologies, which are:
- Mechanical design : 3D CAO , finite elements calculation, dynamics, thermics, materials, surface treatments, etc...
- Electronic design : integration of components and industrial sub-assemblies, on-board electronics, automatisms, power electronics, etc...
- Design of industrial and technical softwares: microprocessors, operating systems, critical real time software critique, communication network, data bus, supervision, data acquisition, remote management, signal treatment, etc...
- All types of sensors implementation : position, speed, acceleration, gyroscopic, inertial, temperature, etc...
- Qualification techniques in relation with civil or military standards : shock, vibration, temperature, environment, electromagnetic compatibility, reliability, etc...
- Methodology : ablility to work with important clients: integrated project control, taking into account the Maintenance in Operational Condition objectives, obsolescence management, configuration management, etc...
Both ACC Ingénierie et Maintenance divisions have the ISO 9001 V2008 certification issued by AFAQ and yearly renewed since 1996.
The qualifications and habilitations are also rewarded to our operators for all the specific operations such as :
- Welder class 1, 2, 3
- COFREND 1 and 2 certifications
- Magnetic crack detection
- Penetrant inspection
- Electrical habilitations (High voltage, Low voltage)
- Converter qualification
- Refrigerant training
- Special process:
- Shot blasting, etc…
No order is valid unless it has been confirmed by a written and signed purchase order. Also, any order modification, whatever its kind, is valid if it has been confirmed by a written endorsement.
Each delivery must include a delivery note with the order number. If the delivery terms are not respected, we may cancel the entire order, without prior warning.
- QUALITY CONTROL
ALL THE SUPPLIES AND MATERIAL WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER CONTROL AND AGREEMENT OF OUR QUALITY CONTROL DEPARTMENT If, during the machining or the use of a part or material we have to refuse your supply for some default reason attribuable to you, we will have to agree on the value of the engaged work until the moment of the default discovery.
Each invoice must recall the order number. TWO COPIES of the invoices must be sent to our headquarters before the 5th of the month following the delivery; otherwise, the payment wil be postponed of one month.
Unless otherwise instructed, our payments are done at 90 days end of delivery month, on the 10th of the following month. In case of draft payment, it has to be sent to us at the acceptance, accompanied of an envelope with your address in order to avoid any delay or mistake when returned. THE PAYMENT WILL BE DONE ONLY AFTER RECEPTION OF ANALYSIS OR CONFORMITY CERTIFICATES, IF REQUIRED.
- PLANS AND TOOLINGS
THE DRAWINGS AND PLANS MUST BE SYSTEMATICALY RETURNED TO ACC AT DELIVERY. The templates or tooling done for us are AUTOMATICALLY OUR PROPERTY and can be claimed at any moment.
Our general buying conditions take precedence over all other general sales conditions which could appear on the documents emanating from our suppliers. Any kind of dispute remains the exclusive competence of Clermont-Ferrand commercial court. The mere fact to execute partially or completly the order implicate for the supplier the plain and simple acceptance of all the printed, typed or handwritten clauses on the order.
GENERAL TERMS AND PRICES
The present "General Sales Conditions" shall apply to our deliveries and services. They supersede those of the Customer’s, unless specified in a written dispensation which is formally accepted. Prices are exclusive of tax and quoted ex-works from our factories in Clermont-Ferrand. No discount or rebate will be granted. The Seller is bound only when an offer with our Company letterhead has been issued for the time specified therein. The supply includes exactly and exclusively the service or equipment specified in the offer. The offer acceptance also implies the agreement of these present conditions. The Customer cannot make any cancellation of order without prior agreement upon compensation allowances.
Further to the Customer request, ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance Company issues an offer comprising:
- a technical proposal
- a commercial proposal This offer has been designed pursuant to the specifications forwarded by the Customer, see § 1 « Reminder of requirements » in the technical proposal. Once agreed by the Customer, the commercial proposal as well as the associated technical proposal will be considered as the contractual documents which express the full and whole agreement of the parties. The provisions of these contractual documents will cancel and replace all the provisions contained in the previous documents and the general conditions of each party.
II- OBJECT OF PROPOSAL
ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance commits itself to design and to carry out what is outlined in the technical description with the assessed prices in the commercial proposal pursuant to the mentioned specifications and within information held in these same specifications. If it appears during the course of the project and especially during the study period, that important and unpredictable points were missing within the specifications provided by the Customer, a fair adjustment should be carried out and the contract should be amended accordingly. The Customer may at anytime, by written order considered or pointed out as an amendment order, carry out any modification especially in the technical specifications of the present contract. If any modification carried out under this clause causes increase or decrease in costs for ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance or alters the time required to achieve the supply lead time, a fair adjustment should be carried out and the contract should be amended accordingly. Unless otherwise specified, to make it easier and to speed up information exchanges, it has been agreed between ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance and the Customer that faxes and e-mails are considered as contractual documents provided that they clearly mention the name and position of the sender, as well as a valid date. Moreover they have to be addressed to someone who has been appointed as a Project Manager or a Contact at ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance.
III- INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE CUSTOMER
ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance is ISO 9001 V2008 certified. During the whole supply lead time, procedures associated to this certification require from the Customer its formal validation related to some progress milestones and its formal answers to technical questions from ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance.
IV- DELIVERY AND RISK TRANSFER
Delivery means the physical delivery of all or part of the supply by ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance or its carrier on site or at any other place specified by the Customer. Delivery, transport and handling costs are totally borne by the Customer. In case the delivery costs are included in the commercial proposal, the delivery place and the Incoterm to be applied should be specified upon order by the Customer. The risks related to the equipment which has been sold pass chargeable to the Customer in the day of the delivery, that is:
- either from shipment
- or as soon as the Customer is informed that the equipment is at his disposal
- or in case of planned factory acceptance, eight days after the Customer has been notified that the equipment was available for the acceptance process
- or according to the Incoterm accepted and agreed by the two parties
The principle of delivery in the Seller’s factories or warehouses is not subject to any dispensation by the fact of indications such as: delivered free on rail, alongside the platform/quay, at home or total or partial reimbursement of transport expenses. If the Seller should be in charge of transport operations, the Seller would then act in the name on behalf of the Customer.
If the shipment is delayed for any reason beyond the Seller control, the equipment may be stored and handled with agreement of the Seller at the cost and risk of the Customer. No change in payment terms and warranty period will result from this situation.
NO SOLD PRODUCT OR INVOICE CAN BE RETURNED UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED BETWEEN THE SELLER AND THE CUSTOMER
1- Definition – Acceptance effects :
Acceptance means the act whereby the Customer agrees and acknowledges that the supply delivery is compliant with the technical specifications. Once this acceptance is pronounced and according to the procedure described below, it results on one hand that the price or its balance is payable, on the other hand, the equipment property transfer passes to the Customer. In accordance with the previsions of the Law 80-335 dated 12.5.1980 and Articles 115 to 122 of the Law dated 25.1.1985, ACC I&M retains the entire ownership of the supply and has the right to take it back until the invoiced price is paid in full by the Customer. The Customer will alone bear the damages which may occur between the delivery and the payment.
2 - Acceptance mode :
The two parties agree to design an acceptance procedure pursuant to a control plan they previously accepted. Acceptance, in accordance with article V-1, will be carried out after the on-site acceptance test. A report written by the two parties would be issued afterwards. Acceptance would take place within 2 months at the latest after the factory acceptance test. After this period expiration, acceptance is deemed validated.
VI- DELIVERY TERMS
Delivery times run from the written agreement between the Customer and the Seller on the purchase order and on receipt of the first payment if this one is payable with order. In no event, delays can justify the cancellation of the order and give rise to damages. The Seller is by rights free from commitment related to delivery times :
- If the payment terms specified in the order have not been respected by the Customer
- If information, documents or materials to be provided by the Customer did not arrive on time as expected in the order
- If a case of force majeure (external, unpredictable and irresistible event for the Seller as well as for its suppliers and sub-contractors) has been reported to the Customer upon notice by the Seller in particular in case of fire, flood, power supply failure, raw materials or spare parts, full or partial strikes of any type which might impede the Company from operating normally such as transport strikes, postal services… or finally any other fact beyond the Seller control
VII- PAYMENT TERMS
All our invoices whose means and modes of payment have been concluded by the two parties are payable at our Head Office :
32, rue du Pré la Reine
63017 Clermont-Ferrand Cedex 2
at 30 days of the invoicing date, unless otherwise agreed.
No discount will be given for early payment. In case of payment by bills of exchange, these must be accepted and returned within two weeks from their issuing date. The returning bills costs are always paid by the Customer. The payment terms may not be deferred under any pretext whatsoever, even contentious. The default in payment of a bill on its due date, entails forfeiture of the term of all bills not yet expired, 10 days after a formal notice dispatch to pay remained unsuccessful, without necessary to perform legal formality In case of letter of credit or documentary payments, these should be irrevocable and confirmed by first-class banks. In case of late payment, the money will be applied to the interest rate of 1.5 times the legal interest rate. Penalties are payable without any reminder being necessary. They run from the day following the settlement date on the invoice or, failing that, the thirty-first day following the goods receipt date or performance of the service (Article L.144-6 of the Code trade).
THE DELIVERED GOODS REMAIN OUR PROPERTY UNTIL FULL PAYMENT, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE RIGHT OF THE CUSTOMER TO RESELL THEM DURING ITS NORMAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS. THE CUSTOMER IS REQUIRED TO INFORM US WITHOUT ANY DELAY CLAIMS (CLAIMS, SEIZURES, RETENTIONS, ETC.) ISSUED BY THIRD PARTIES ON GOODS OBJECT OF THE PRESENT RESERVATION OF PROPERTY. IN CASE OF FAILURE DUE DATE OF PAYMENT, ACC INGENIERIE & MAINTENANCE MAY REQUIRE THE RETURN OF GOODS BY REGISTERED LETTER, AT THE CUSTOMER’S CHARGE UNTIL COMPLETE PERFORMANCE OF ITS COMMITMENTS.
VIII- PENALTY CLAUSE
In case of non-payment, a lump sum allowance to 15% of the outstanding will be charged to the Customer.
IX- TRANSPORT, INSURANCE AND CUSTOMS
Unless otherwise specified, the Customer is in charge of all transport, insurance, customs and handling operations which are at its own expenses and risk. It is the Customer responsibility to check shipments upon arrival and if necessary to take proceedings against the carrier even in case of carriage paid. In case of shipment by the Seller and unless otherwise specified, the delivery is carriage forward at the lowest costs, unless the Customer has specific request and in all cases under its full responsibility. Upon the arrival of goods, the Customer is required to ensure their compliance with the placed order. Claims should be made by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, at the latest within 10 days from the delivery date.
X- WARRANTY – LIABILITY
1- Contractual warranty :
ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance guarantees the Customer to perform repairs of any defect, defective workmanship affecting the equipment supply, whatever important they are and occurring one year from the equipment receipt or service. The present warranty does not cover defects resulting from:
- usual wear stated in the technical specifications
- modification of supply not formally agreed by ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance
- negligence, lack of overseeing or maintenance
- external cause such as unavoidable reason
- unexpected use and out of technical specifications of the equipment (utilization time, production rates, …) ACC shall not be liable for any technical and financial consequences caused by the non respect of maintenance instruction planed and authorized within the user’s manual. Within the warranty period, direct repair and replacement costs would be totally taken in charge by Ingénierie & Maintenance, except travel and hotel expenses which would be invoiced at the real costs to the Customer. Within the warranty period, parts replacement would be carried out by picking on the Customer stock which will be supplied with new or renovated parts at the same time .In case of insufficient stock, ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance would not be held liable for corresponding procurement deliveries.
2- Limitation of liability :
On no account and for any reason whatsoever, ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance could be held liable for immaterial damages that the Customer could face, such as loss of production, loss of profit or loss of right to use. Moreover, after the contractual warranty period, the different functionalities associated with the equipment supply are deemed having been tested and validated
XI- DELIVERY OF CONTRACTUAL PRODUCT
1- Documentation :
At delivery Ingénierie & Maintenance commits to supply the Customer the whole documentation in French or in another language as specified in the technical proposition. Documents provided by equipment suppliers will be forwarded to the Customer as they are.
2- Instructions and training :
In case of a contractual commissioning, ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance will provide the competent service members all the necessary setting and maintenance instructions all along the commissioning period.
Our proposals are strictly confidential, they could not be reproduced or communicated without prior agreement of ACC Ingénierie & Maintenance.
XIII- COMPETENT JURIDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
IN THE ABSENCE OF MUTUAL AGREEMENT, ANY KIND OF DISPUTE RELATED TO OUR SALES, EVEN IN CASE OF WARRANTY CLAIMS OR MULTIPLE DEFENDANTS, REMAINS THE EXCLUSIVE COMPETENCE OF CLERMONT-FERRAND COMMERCIAL COURT APPLYING FRENCH LAW.
ACC owns two factories located in Clermont Ferrand close one to the other.
You will find hereunder the description of these premises as well as aerial views.
32 Rue du Pré la Reine 63017 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 2
A 60 000 m² site with 34 000 m² of covered surface
22 Rue Jules Verne Zone Industrielle du Brézet 63017 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 2
A 20 000 m² site with 10 500 m² of covered surface
The ACC Ingénierie et Maintenance Company is a Limited company with a supervisory board and a board of directors belonging to the managing shareholders.
The capital represents 2 126 547 euros.
ACC Ingénierie and Maintenance manages two distinct divisions : Railway division and Engineering and System Division. Each of them is managed as a profit centre. The complementarity of the two divisions allows to enrich the application range of the services in the railway field. The crossed competences promote a reactivity in the study and set-up of specific organizations adapted to the different projects
The ACC Ingénierie and Maintenance staff represents about 400 persons.
For over more than 20 years, the ACC Ingénierie and Maintenance company keeps its commitment with its policy of improvement of the services technical level offered to the customers.
The ISO 9001 version 2008 quality process is more than ever a management tool for the overall enterprise which imposes a permanent investigation and formalization process to better identify on one hand the customers and on the other hand their satisfaction level in order to decided, set and contorl the necessary improvement actions.
In an economical context more and more international and competitive, ACC Ingénierie et Maintenance’s aim is to maintain and to reinforce its partner position towards its customers by supplying products and services in order to give them entire satisfaction. To reach this goal, ACC Ingénierie et Maintenance has adopted a continuous progress policy. The Quality policy concerns the following fields :
Technological field: The progresses done via the research and development studies regarding the products and manufacturing process aim to satisfy the always growing requirements in terms of quality and reliability, the final objective being reaching the 0 default on the product delivered to the customer.
Organizational and human fields: To answer the needs of productivity and flexibility linked to the introduction of new technologies, of new rolling equipement as well as the evolution of our customers organization, the collective and individual efficiency of our staff must allow to give a perfect service in terms of delivery and services.
Productivity field: The costs and investments supervision is essential. The reduction of quality costs is indispensable in this area.
ACC Ingénierie et Maintenance has established a QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PLAN with definite objectives. The presentation of this plan allows to communicate widely the Quality policy making sure that it is applied at all the company levels.
An yearly management meeting allows to measure the progresses made in the different fields and to plan new actions
- 1919: Creation of the Ateliers de Construction du Centre (ACC) to answer to the need of reconstruction and renovation of the national railway network.
- 1919 à 1979: Repair and renovation of passengers cars and freight equipment for one customer : SNCF.
- 1980: Creation of the division «Engineering and Systems» for the design and manufacturing of antenna positioners and servo-controlled turrets for civil or military applications .
- 1983: Creation of the division «Industrial Renovation and retrofit» specialized in the car units renovation (starters, alternators, vacuum pumps, brake calipers,...).
- 1989 : The «Railway» division obtains the first subway renovation business with a new customer the RATP.
- 1990 : The Ateliers de Construction du Centre are bought by the sharehoders (RES).
- 1997 : The company name changes into «ACC Ingénierie et Maintenance».
- 2005 : The «Engineering and Systems» and «Industrial Renovation and retrofit» divisions are brought together to create the «Engineering and Retrofits» division which offers a technical competence for the renovation of railway units.
Our experience in the renovation of railway material associated with the diversity of our skills allows us to bring you technical solutions of the highest quality while reducing your overall costs of maintenance.
We are also able to carry out technical expertise allowing us to adapt our offer to specific types of repairs or renovations.
This policy is well appreciated by our clients who become veritable partners in the maintenance cycle. This partnership is based on a trust relationship between all parties. That is why we work in total transparence with our customers, allowing them free access to our site.
Regularly our customers perform audits on our work.
The quality of our work and the skills of our perrsonnel is recognised by the UIMM (Union des Industries Metallurgique et Minières) which has approved ACC as a training center for railway related skills.
On demand, we are able to assign office space to our customers right on our production site.